Thursday, February 3, 2011

ART REFLECTIONS (Melissa)

   When asked to talk about art, what immediately came to my mind are the words "beauty" and "life".
ART AND BEAUTY
   Extracted in its purest form, art speaks of beauty in terms of God's creation...everything I see around me reveals its Source...just as a painting, a poem or song traces its roots in its author...
The sky is God's canvas and human beings, His masterpiece.
Studying anatomy and physiology, for example, evinces God's greatest art work. Each of us is unique and carefully designed to the minutest details as our fingerprints...
ART AND LIFE
Madonna and Child on chalk
   Our various art forms mirror our daily life---its events, our experiences,our emotions.They are products of what I see,hear and feel...my reflections and contemplations...everything around me and within me evokes art.
   Pope Benedict XVI spoke of the artists' ability to speak to the soul. Therefore,as artists we have a great responsibility towards our audiences and listeners because we are sharers of life and beauty and we provide nourishment to the soul.

-melissa 19 february 2010

No comments:

MESSAGE BOX